- Vampire Cup
Australia Wide blood drive competition between medical schools UMMSS aim is for 300 donations
April 16th - June 10
UMMSS Mental Health and Wellbeing ResourcesCrisis/immediate support hotlines
- Victorian Doctors Health Program: A confidential 24 hour service available to all doctors and medical students with health concerns including stress and anxiety, substance abuse disorders, mental health disorders and any other health problems. Callers do not need to identify themselves.
- Website: www.vdhp.org.au/website/home.html
- Phone: 03 9280 8712
- Lifeline: 24 hour crisis support hotline, and suicide prevention services including self-help tools themselves.
- Website: https://www.lifeline.org.au/get-help/online-services/crisis-chat for online crisis support chat.
- Phone: 13 11 14 (24/7)
- SANE Australia Helpline: Mental health service offering online information, online counseling and phone counseling.
- Website: https://www.sane.org/
- Phone: 1800 187 263
- AMA Victoria Peer Support Service: A free, confidential telephone support service for all Victorian doctors who may be facing workplace bullying, discrimination or harassment.
- Website: https://amavic.com.au/assistance-for-doctors/Support-Programs/first-response
- Phone: 1300 AMA DOC (1300 262 362) (8.30am - 5pm, Monday to Friday)
- MensLine Australia: A confidential 24-hour telephone and online support, information and referral service for men with concerns on mental health, substance abuse, healthy relationships and family violence.
- Phone: 1300 78 99 78
- Health and Wellbeing Practitioners : Medical student-specific counselling service - offered by Medical School but still confidential
- Cliniko appointment booking: https://the-university-of-melbourne.cliniko.com/bookings#location
- Metropolitan: Danielle Clayman
- Phone: 0466 474 547
- Email: email@example.com
- Rural: Hannah Sloan
- Phone: 0428 933 952
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Counselling and Psychological Services : Short and medium-term psychological support for University of Melbourne students.
- Website: https://services.unimelb.edu.au/counsel/home
- Phone: 03 8344 6927
- Address: Level 5, 757 Swanston Street, Parkville (Monday and Friday 9am–5pm; 9am-6pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday)
- Beyond Blue: Information and support to help all Australians achieve their best possible mental health
- Website: https://www.beyondblue.org.au/ for online chat (3pm - 12am AEST 7 days)
- Phone: 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline Service Seeker : Searchable directory of health and community support services.
- Doctor Support Service : ongoing confidential practical support from a trained support person (who is a medical practitioner), including for investigative, legal and disciplinary procedures or workplace disputes.
- ADAVIC (Anxiety Disorders Associate of Victoria) (Anxiety/depression): Not-for-profit, self-funded organisation that provides support, information and resources to individuals who are affected by anxiety, depression, and related issues.
- Website: www.adavic.org.au
- Phone: 03 9853 8089
- Alcoholics anonymous (substance abuse):
- Website: www.aa.org.au/
- Narcotics anonymous (substance abuse):
- Website: www.na.org.au/
- Drug and alcohol counselling (substance abuse):
- Website: www.counsellingonline.org.au/
- 1800 RESPECT (domestic violence): Provides localized domestic abuse counseling, resources and referrals
- Website: https://www.1800respect.org.au/
- Phone: 1800 RESPECT (1800 737 732)
- Eating Disorders Victoria (eating disorders): Provides both clinical and non-clinical support and an information service on all aspects of eating disorders
- Website: www.eatingdisorders.org.au
- Phone: 1300 550 236
- Butterfly Foundation (eating disorders): Provides both clinical and non-clinical support and an information service on all aspects of eating disorders
- Website: thebutterflyfoundation.org.au
- Phone: 1800 334 673
- Smiling Mind: A mindfulness and meditation program developed by psychologists and educators
- Headspace: App which teaches mindfulness and meditation in just a few minutes each day.
- f.lux : Computer software that adjusts the colour of your computer’s display to adapt to the time of day. By filtering out the blue light from your computer screen, at night, this software can improve how you sleep at night.
- Website: justgetflux.com